Jaime Oliver's Food Revolution! Start With Your Own Family!! WATCH THIS!

Friday, August 7, 2009

HFCS - High Fructose Corn Syrup ???


You do the research.


I have turned into a crazy label reader now that part of my job duties is feeding my son. There is such controversy in regard to HFCS that I have pretty much eliminated it from our diets (but not totally, look at the ice cream cake a few posts down:).
When you start to look, it's in EVERYTHING, ..another good reason to look for ORGANIC products.


Some condiments like organic ketchup take a little getting used to BUT... my 2.5 year old son doesn't know any different, which makes my job a little easier. :)




2 comments:

  1. Hi,
    My google alert for HFCS picked up your post.
    I understand your frustration. It's pretty clear that the fructose-enriched industrial sweetener is contributing to our health woes. Try StopHFCS.com for an extensive list HFCS-free products. I just hit a blog that featurered news that Whole Foods is removing HFCS from its shelves. Yeah! To your health.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cynthia ~

    That is GREAT news about Whole Foods. Thanks for the website info. :)
    The only product so far that I have found to taste totally different without HFCS is Worcestershire sauce. :(

    ReplyDelete

Blog Widget by LinkWithin