Jaime Oliver's Food Revolution! Start With Your Own Family!! WATCH THIS!

Friday, April 2, 2010

Avocados Are Now In Season: The Sacred Tree Of Life

The other day at the Farmers Market we bought a bunch of large green Avocados. They are in season right now and filled with health!
I love, love avocados and try to eat one almost daily. My 3 yr old loves them as well. I remember way back when a mom in one of my play groups brought an avocado in its skin to scoop and feed her one year old. I thought, what a GREAT idea. I am so fortunate my son and husband love them as well.
Avocados are a super alkaline fruit and soooo good for you. They contain the, "Good Fat." They are rich in vitamin A, B, C, D, E, and K and are said to have the HIGHEST ENERGETIC VALUE OF ANY FRUIT.
I was going to post my So Satisfying and Smooth Guacamole Recipe but once I made it, IT WAS EATEN! I had no time to take a picture. I will post it very soon.
**Secret - You can buy Hass Avocados at Costco, 5 for $5. This is the best deal I have found, even better than Trader Joe's.

**Tip - To prolong ripening, put them in the refrigerator.

I made these tasty little treats for my son the other morning. He loved them! Small Wheat Bagels from Trader Joe's on Cream Cheese with avocado bites. Yum!


Then...he tried to walk,... and eat them...Oh....NOOOOOOOOOO!!!!! Get back here....





No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Widget by LinkWithin